Leon Ganzon Polytechnic College started from a humble beginning as a municipal high school then named Balasan High School, established in 1947.
It became a provincial high school in 1967 and was renamed Leon Ganzon Memorial High School, in honor of the lot donor.
In 1984, the school was nationalized, and again renamed, this time as Leon Ganzon National High School.
Then, in 1992, it was converted to a polytechnic college by virtue of RA 7515, and known until now as Leon Ganzon Polytechnic College.
The newly converted college remained under the supervision of DECS until it was transferred to the Commission on Higher Education in 1996.
The post secondary program was started formally in 1993 with only one student enrolled in One-Year Home Industries (Apparel), and the training sessions held together with the high school THE class.
Through the years, LGPC managed to gradually grow in terms of enrolment, curricular programs, and instructional support systems, despite its limited resources utilized mostly by the high school department, which constitutes the dominant sector of its population.
In consonance with the rationalization of the educational system of the country, Leon Ganzon Polytechnic College was placed under the administration and supervision of TESDA in the year 2000.
This development caused the setting of new directions. The college’s Vision and Mission were refocused; the functional areas and individual roles were redefined; and the curricular programs were redeveloped under UTPRAS.
The transfer of the high school department to DepEd early the year 2002 commenced the fulltime effort of LGPC in pursuing its new mandate as a TVET provider serving clients in this part of the country.